UCSB student athletes are a special group of young men and women, who also serve as great role models to the many fans and youth that support them in athletics and in everyday life.
Every day more than 450 UCSB student-athletes compete in the classroom, compete in their respective sport and give back to the community.
This week's Great Example is women's basketball senior center Jenna Green. A sixth-year senior, Green is earning her master's degree in special education disabilities and risk studies and says the best piece of advice she's ever received is "To never let Basketball define you. It is what you do ... not who you are."
Green took some time to answer a few questions about herself.
1. What is your most prized possession?
2. Of all your athletic accomplishments here at UCSB, which are
you most proud of?
The ability to say that I have played in the post season each year of my career.
3. You're going to be trapped on a deserted island and you can
only bring three things. What are they?
My contact lenses, toilet paper, and lots of peanut butter!
4. What's the best thing about playing basketball for UCSB?
Being surrounded by great, supportive people.
5. If you could be any animal what would you be?
I would be a spoiled house cat
6. What is your personal philosophy?
Never get too high..never get too low.
7. What is your favorite memory from attending UCSB?
Finally graduating :)
8. How do you get pumped up before a game?
I listen to my favorite play list on my iPod :)
9. If you could invite three people to dinner, dead or alive,
who would they be?
Jesus, Martin Luther King Jr., and President Obama
10. Favorite spot to hangout in IV/Santa Barbara?
Outside Coral Tree Cafe
11. What do you consider your best quality?
12. What is your worst bad habit?
Falling asleep with my contact lenses in
13. I've always wanted to ...
dunk like my boyfriend Shaun!
14. Best class you've taken at UCSB?
"Multiracial Identity" with Professor Daniel
15. After six years here at UCSB, what will be the hardest thing
to leave behind?
All the great people Ive met and worked with along the way