In spring 2009 UCSB Athletics launched its Dare to Be Great plan as part of the Campaign for UC Santa Barbara, the first comprehensive campaign to raise private funds to ensure UCSB's excellence for future generations.
Dare to Be Great is simply the strategic vision to accomplish two major goals. The first is to financially support the precious educational and athletic opportunity for today and future Gaucho student-athletes in all 20 sports. The second is to actively encourage their drive for academic success, career and personal development, health, and serving their community.
Our success in this area is evidenced by:
*Student-athlete graduation success rate pert the NCAA of an all time high 85%, second highest in prominent U.C. system.
*Annual giving program - Gaucho Fund - providing program resources and support for over 400 student-athletes.
*Facility improvements addressed through the "Walk of Champions" master plan.
*Our rich athletics tradition honored through The Gaucho Order letterwinners program.
*5,000 hours collectively given each year through the Gauchos Give outreach to the community.
Use the links below to learn more about Dare to Be Great and how you can support our amazing student-athletes!
- The Gaucho Fund (annual giving program providing opportunities)
- Living Scholars (providing priceless support and connection with a student-athlete)
- The Gaucho Order (letterwinners and monogram program)
- Great Examples (Celebrating diversity and developing student-athlete life skills)
- Gauchos Give (community outreach)