SANTA BARBARA, Calif. – UCSB Athletics is pleased to announce that for the third straight season Gaucho baseball will have the majority of its games broadcast both on commercial radio and online. With an exciting 2012 schedule that opens on Feb. 17 vs. two-time College World Series champion Oregon State, there is excitement surrounding the program and new head coach Andrew Checketts.
A number of exciting new promotions are planned to capitalize on the buzz surrounding Gaucho Baseball:
- Autograph Sundays – kids, every Sunday grab an autograph from selected members of the Gauchos.
- Baseball Buddies – bring your Little League team, take the field with the Gauchos, sing the 7th inning stretch and run the bases post-game.
- GKids – free admission to each game with the T-shirt and membership.
- Red Vine Ball Return – grab some Red Vine licorice when you return a foul ball to the Gaucho Shop. Red Vines are a favorite in-game snack for Coach Checketts.
- Throwback Tuesdays – turn back the clock on those beautiful afternoons at Ceasar Uyesaka Stadium.
- Lucky Numbers and the Gaucho Prize Wheel – sevens are wild on Saturdays with seven prizes through seven innings.
The Voice of the Gauchos, Gerry Fall, returns as the lead broadcaster. He is joined by Matt Hurst, as the pair will call the action during the year. UCSB will have at least 41 games broadcast live, including 25 on AM 1290 the Santa Barbara News-Press radio station. All UCSB games – including men's and women's basketball and Talk'n Gauchos – can be heard live online by clicking here. In addition, all UCSB broadcasts are also archived by clicking here, so you never miss a minute of action.
Beginning with the season opener on Feb. 17 and then including every Big West game, AM 1290 will carry 25 UCSB baseball games live. Internet-only broadcasts will include the Feb. 19 series finale vs. Oregon State, every midweek home game, select midweek road games, and series vs. Loyola Marymount (Mar. 2-4) and the season-ending tournament at Cal State Bakersfield (May 25-27). Click here for a full broadcast schedule.
The incredible value priced season ticket starts at $75. Gaucho Fund donors, who purchase season tickets, receive parking as part of their donation. Click here to buy online or call our ticket office at 893-UCSB today!