Feb. 25, 2009
As a sophomore in 2007-08, James Powell was second on the team in scoring at 12.3 points per game. That season, Powell set a school record for three-point field goal percentage (46.7%), and made 79 three-point baskets, the second highest total in school history. This year he has moved into seventh-place on the Gauchos' all-time three-point field goal list.
We sat down with James Powell for 20 questions.
1. What three words describe you best?
- Nonchalant, passionate, loyal
2. Favorite arena you've ever played in?
- Thomas & Mack Center at UNLV
3. Who is your funniest teammate?
- James Nunnally
4. Single most important ingredient in a salad?
5. Rock, paper, or scissors?
6. What do you like best about UCSB?
- Too many things to choose
7. What is your greatest basketball memory?
- Being #2 on Sportscenter's Top-10 with a last second three pointer to beat UNLV, 63-60 in 2007
8. If you didn't play basketball, what sport would you play?
9. Who is your personal role model?
10. If you could have dinner with any three people, living or not, who would they be?
- Barack Obama, Ghandi, Bill Gates
11. What is your favorite class at UCSB?
- SOC 152A
12. If you could be someone else for a day, who would that be?
- Barack Obama
13. What is the most listened to song on your IPOD?
- The Pleaser by Lil Wayne
14. What is the one place on Earth you've never been, but would like to visit?
- Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
15. Would you rather bust a three-pointer in someone's face or throw down a dunk on someone?
- Throw down a dunk on someone
16. What is your favorite main course?
- Mom's Gumbo
17. What is your biggest fear?
18. What is the most important invention in your lifetime?
19. What home appliance do you use the most?
20. In 40 years, I will be...
- Hopefully, playing with my grandchildren