20 Questions With Alex Harris
Dec. 6, 2006
Junior basketball standout Alex Harris has led the Gaucho men's hoops team to one of their best starts in a decade. The team's 4-0 on the road starts is the best since the 1992-93 season. The 6'6 guard leads the team in points and is the team's go-to-guy for crucial three pointers. In the past seven games, Harris has been the lead scorer in five including a 24-point performance against Portland on Saturday. The Gauchos are looking to overcome unbeaten Fresno State (7-0) this Wednesday, Dec. 6 in the Thunderdome. In order to prepare for this important match-up, Harris decided to answer 20 questions.
1. Who is the most influential person in your life?
My father. He is a man of huge stature who founded the National Society of Black Engineers. He is an unbelievable scholar, a Harvard grad, and a great role model.
2. What is your most prized possession?
My basketball. It has opened a lot of doors for me.
3. If you could go back in time, which year would you go to?
1975, that's the year my parents graduated college. I could go see what they looked like with their Afros.
4. What is your dream car?
Mercedes CLS 500
5. Do you have any superstitions?
I try to do the same thing for every game, the same motions, and I try to listen to mellow music.
6. What celebrity do you dislike the most?
Paris Hilton cause I don't understand why she is famous.
7. If you could trade places with someone for a day, who would it be?
LeBron James, he's on top of the world right now.
8. What was your favorite game at recess in elementary school?
Switch, it's like tag but you try to beat someone to a spot to make them it.
9. If you had to play another sport, which would it be?
Baseball because I played it the longest besides basketball.
10.What is your hidden talent?
My good friend at North Carolina and I rap to each other before our games.
11. What kind of cookiewich do you get at IV Drip?
Right now I am stuck on cookies and cream ice cream with cinnamon sugar cookies,
12. What food do you like the most?
Soul food, my mom and my family have been preparing for a long time and I love it.
13. What food do you dislike?
14.Why did you decide to come to UCSB?
Pretty much the weather
15. Which would you rather be a used car salesman or a WWE wrestler?
WWE, I grew up in the Hulk Hogan era, it's much more exciting.
16. What was your favorite birthday present?
When I was 13 I got to go behind the scenes at a Portland Trail Blazer home game. I got to meet Damon Stoudamire, Scotty Pippin and Rasheed Wallace, We sat next to Stoudamire's dad. It was like NBA behind the scenes. I also got to go to the Nike Headquarters. That was a really memorable birthday.
17.What is your favorite song?
Right now with R&B it's a tie between Again by John Legend and Teach You a Lesson by Robin Thicke. As for rap, any song by Lil' Wayne.
18. What is your nickname?
People on the team call me "The Reverend" because once someone called me Al Sharpton and it went from there. People either call me that or Alexander the Great.
19. Where is your favorite place in Isla Vista?
Besides my apartment, the Thunderdome where I spend most of my time. Or Panda Express
20. What is your favorite number?
12 it's been my jersey number since freshman year of high school.