• The Schedule
Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 7 p.m.
UC Santa Barbara (8-2-3, 2-2-1) vs. Sacramento State (7-4-2, 4-0-1)
at Meredith Field at Harder Stadium
All-time record vs. Hornets: 6-3-1
Last meeting: W, 2-0 (Sept. 25, 2011)
Gameday Central: Video • Audio • Live Stats • Chat
• Home Sweet Harder
The UC Santa Barbara men's soccer team returns to Harder Stadium this week to begin four-match homestand. The Gauchos will face Sacramento State – which currently occupies first place in the Big West standings – on Tuesday before facing rival Cal Poly on Friday in a FOX Soccer Channel televised match-up.
• Get Your Tickets
Fans can purchase their tickets to this week's games by visiting the Ticket Office in the Intercollegiate Athletics Building on campus, calling (805) 893-UCSB or by clicking here.
• Watch or Listen Live
This Tuesday's match will be broadcast live on KZSB AM 1290, the Santa Barbara News-Press radio station. The Voice of the Gauchos, Gerry Fall, will be on hand to call all of the action. The broadcast will also be streamed live on UCSBgauchos.com along with a live video stream and an interactive chat open to fans.
• For The Record
After remaining undefeated through the first 11 matches of the season, the Gauchos have stumbled upon some hard times as of late, dropping their last two pairings. UCSB now holds a 8-2-3 overall record and is 2-2-1 in Big West games.
• How The Big West Was Won
Sacramento State currently leads the Big West's North Division with 13 points while UC Davis (4-1) is second with 12. The Gauchos and Cal Poly are tied for third with seven points each. The top-two teams in each division, following the completion of regular season play early in November, will vie for the Big West Championship.
• Pulse on the Polls
The Gauchos have dropped in the three polls that have already been released this week after last Saturday's loss. They fell from eighth to No. 13 in the College Soccer News poll, from ninth to No. 15 in the TopDrawerSoccer.com rankings and from No. 11 to 23 in the Soccer America top-25.
• Gaucho Notables
- Goalkeeper Austin Mansker owns a 0.747 goals against average, which leads the league and ranks 21st nationally.
- UCSB leads the Big West in corner kicks with 83 for a 6.83 per game average.
- The Gauchos' 1.92 goals per game average ranks 30th nationally.
- The last time the Gauchos dropped two straight matches was Oct. 14 and Oct. 22 against Cal Poly and UC Riverside, respectively. The last time they suffered consecutive shutouts was in 2010 when they were blanked by Cal State Bakersfield, New Mexico and Creighton, respectively, to start the season.
- UCSB is unbeaten in its last six straight contests against Sacramento State and has won the last five consecutive matches with the Hornets.
- UCSB has out-scored Sac State, 14-0, across their last four meetings.