20 Questions with Drew McAthy and Danny Kennedy
Dec. 3, 2004
We sat down with senior soccer players Danny Kennedy and Drew McAthy for a round of 20 Questions. This time around, however, we put Danny and Drew to the test to see how well these teammates, co-captains, and good friends really know one another.
1. What is your most prized possession?
Danny on Drew: Himself.
Drew: My car.
Drew on Danny: His laptop or iPod.
Danny: My family and friends.
Danny on Drew: A small dog.
Drew: A deer.
Drew on Danny: A big bear.
Danny: A teddy bear.
3. What reality show would you be the best on?
Danny on Drew: "The Bachelor."
Drew: "The Real World."
Drew on Danny: "Survivor."
Danny: A mix between "The Real World" and "The Bachelor".
4. What sport you would play if you didn't play soccer?
Danny on Drew: Golf.
Drew on Danny: Basketball.
5. If we made a movie of your life what would it be called and who would star in it?
Danny on Drew: "How to Score On and Off the Field" starring Colin Farrell
Drew: "Fun in the Sun" starring Johnny Depp
Drew on Danny: "The Big Softie" starring Russell Crowe
Danny: "The Dream" starring Brad Pitt
6. What's something that most people don't know about you?
Danny on Drew: Doors always have to be closed, especially the front door.
Drew: I'm kind of shy.
Drew on Danny: He likes country music.
Danny: Once jumped out of a plane.
7. If you could be any super hero who would it be?
Danny on Drew: Mighty Mouse.
Drew on Danny: Superman.
8. If you could do anything just once, what would it be?
Danny on Drew: Be a woman.
Drew: Climb Everest.
Drew on Danny: Be a Navy Seal for a day.
Danny: Play in a World Cup game.
9. If you were a fruit, what fruit would you be?
Danny on Drew: A cherry.
Drew: A honeydew melon.
Drew on Danny: A watermelon because he's big.
Danny: A pear.
10. What is your most irrational fear?
Danny on Drew: He's scared of farts.
Drew: I'm not a big fan of heights.
Drew on Danny: Spiders.
11. What do you consider your most obnoxious quality?
Danny on Drew: He always has to have the t.v. controller.
Drew on Danny: He breathes too loud.
Danny: I always say, "what?"
12. What is one thing you have to do before leaving the house?
Danny on Drew: Wake up.
Drew: Make sure I have my keys, wallet, and phone.
Drew on Danny: Make sure he looks good.
Danny: Lock the door.
13. When and where were you the happiest?
Danny on Drew: UCSB, now.
Drew: Now at UCSB
Drew on Danny: Now at UCSB.
Danny: UCSB in the now.
14. What talent would you most like to have?
Danny on Drew: Able to play the guitar.
Drew: To sing.
Drew on Danny: To sing and play an instrument.
Danny: To sing.
15. If you were to die and come back as one person or thing, what do you think it would be?
Danny on Drew: Me.
Drew: Johnny Depp.
Drew on Danny: A rock star.
16.Who are your heroes in real life?
Danny on Drew: Me.
Drew: My parents.
Drew on Danny: His parents.
Danny: Lance Armstrong, my dad, and my mom.
17. What three words best describe you?
Danny on Drew: Committed, loyal and stubborn.
Drew: Fun, happy and mysterious.
Drew on Danny: Big, fun and motivated.
Danny: Happy, friendly and loyal.
18. What is your favorite thing about UCSB?
Danny on Drew: Girls and the location.
Drew on Danny: The women.
Danny: The location and our team.
19. If you had to name one thing you loved most about playing soccer, what would it be?
Danny on Drew: Scoring goals.
Drew: Scoring goals.
Drew on Danny: Winning.
20. If your life could be described by one word after you die, what do you want it to be?
Danny on Drew: Successful.
Drew on Danny: Determined.
Danny: Hard working.