UCSB Falls to Pacific, 4-3
April 2, 2011
Stockton Calif - With the match between UC Santa Barbara and Pacific tied at 3-3, Fernando Ristow defeated Mathieu Forget 4-6, 6-3, 6-4, at No. 3 singles giving Pacific the 4-3 victory and dropping the Gauchos record to 2-2 in Big West Conference play.
The match was hard fought from the very beginning as the doubles point came down to a tie breaker at court No. 3, but Philip Therp and Evan Jurgenson could not hold off Tomasz Krzyszkowski and Fernando Ristow losing the match 9-8, with a 7-5 tiebreaker.
In Singles, the Gauchos fell behind quickly losing at courts No. 4 and No. 5 giving Pacific a 3-0 lead. From that point on Santa Barbara went on a tear winning three straight matches. Philip Therp got the momentum started defeating Lance Dugan 6-4, 6-1 at court No. 6 and Alex Konigsfeldt followed that up with a 7-5, 6-0 victory over Artem Gramma at court No. 2.
Benjamin Recknagle evened the score at 3-3, after defeating Krzyszkowski 2-6, 6-1, 6-0 at No. 1 singles to set up the final showdown between Forget and Ristow at court No. 3.
The Gauchos next match is at Fresno State Sunday, April 3 beginning at noon.
Complete Results Listed Below:
Doubles 1. Alex Kognisfeldt / Taylor Chavez-Goggin (UCSB) def. Ivan Castro/ Angus Thomson (PAC) 8-3
Order of finish: 1, 2, 3*
1. Benjamin Recknagel (UCSB) def. Tomasz Krzyszkowski (PAC) 2-6, 6-1, 6-0
2. Alex Kognisfeldt (UCSB) def Artem Gramma (PAC) 7-5, 6-0
3. Fernando Ristow (PAC) def. Mathieu Forget (UCSB) 4-6, 6-3, 6-4
4. Ivan Castro (PAC) def Taylor Chavez-Goggin (UCSB) 6-2, 6-1
5. Alex Golding (PAC) def. Max Glenn (UCSB) 6-3, 6-2
6. Philip Therp (UCSB) def. Lance Dugan (PAC) 6-4, 6-1
Order of finish: 4, 5, 6, 2, 1, 3**