The Trojans started hot in doubles play, taking down the Gauchos at the No. 1 and No. 2 slots. USC's Robert Forah and Steve Johnson downed Alex Konigsfeldt and Josh Finkelstein, 8-1 while Abdullah Magdas and Daniel Nguyen held off Scott Hohenstein and Evan Jurgensen, 8-6.
With a 1-0 lead, the Trojans never looked back, notching three singles. Max Taylor was first to drop his match at the No. 4 position, falling to Matt Kecki, 6-1, 6-2. On court three, USC's Magdas came away with a 6-0, 6-3 win over Scott Hohenstein to give the Trojans a 3-0 advantage. USC clinched the sweep at the No. 5 slot when Nguyen defeated Taylor Chavez Goggin, 6-1, 6-3.
Konigsfeldt, Finkelstein and Mathieu Forget's matches were all suspended due to an early knockout victory by USC.
(1) Robert Farah-Steve Johnson (USC) def. Alex Konigsfeldt-Josh Finkelstein (UCSB), 8-1
(2) Abdullah Magdas-Daniel Nguyen (USC) def. Scott Hohenstein-Evan Jurgensen (UCSB), 8-6
(3) Matt Kecki-Jaak Poldma (USC) vs. Taylor Chavez-Goggin-Nick Caledonia (UCSB), 7-6 susp.
Order of Finish: 1, 2
(1) Robert Farah (USC) vs. Alex Konigsfeldt (UCSB), 6-3, 4-3 susp.
(2) Jaak Poldma (USC) vs. Josh Finkelstein (UCSB) , 6-3, 3-4 susp.
(3) Abdullah Magdas (USC) def. Scott Hohenstein (UCSB), 6-0, 6-3
(4) Matt Kecki (USC) def. Max Taylor (UCSB), 6-1, 6-2
(5) Daniel Nguyen (USC) def. Taylor Chavez-Goggin (UCSB), 6-1, 6-3
(6) Andrew Kells (USC) vs. Mathieu Forget (UCSB), 6-1, 3-4 susp.
Order of Finish: 4, 3, 5