SANTA BARBARA, Calif. – UC Santa Barbara women's basketball head coach Bonnie Henrickson on Tuesday afternoon unveiled the team's schedule for the 2017-18 season, featuring high-profile showdowns against non-conference opponents, both at home and on the road, and traditional rivalry games against Big West opponents.
The schedule for the new campaign features 28 regular season games, 14 of which will be played at the Thunderdome.
Henrickson, entering her third season on the bench at UCSB, will lean on returning All-Big West talent in forward Drew Edelman (Second Team, 11.7 PPG) and guard Sarah Porter (All-Big West Tournament, 10.2 PPG) to anchor a strong group of returners, while the incoming recruiting class, featuring six players, was ranked No. 33 in the nation. Newcomers include Foothill College transfer Akilah Jennings and freshmen Nina Radford (Grant HS, Ore.), Sarah Bates (Clovis West HS, Calif.), Danae Miller (Long Beach Polytechnic HS, Calif.) and Celine Quintino (Liberty HS, Nev.).. Junior guard Tal Sahar will also join the team after sitting out 2016-17 due to transfer rules.
To view the entire 2017-18 UCSB women's basketball schedule, click here. Single-game and season basketball tickets, including men's-women's combo packages, will be available after Labor Day. For more information, call the UCSB Athletics Ticket Office at 805-893-UCSB (8272).
Gaucho basketball fans can circle the following dates on their calendars:
- Nov. 4, 2017: Season-opening exhibition against Cal St. East Bay at the Thunderdome
- Nov. 10, 2017: Regular season opener at Northern Arizona University
- Nov. 17, 2017: Regular season home-opener against Seattle
- Dec. 3, 2017: MARQUEE GAME at UCLA – Bruins were a No. 4 seed in last year's NCAA Tournament, making it to the Sweet 16
- Dec. 16, 2017: MARQUEE GAME vs. Oregon State at Moda Center in Portland, Ore. – OSU was a No. 2 seed in last year's NCAA Tournament, reaching the Sweet 16
- Dec. 29, 2017: MARQUEE GAME at New Mexico State – Aggies won the WAC Tournament in 2016-17, earning the league's auto-bid into the NCAA Tournament
- Jan. 4, 2018: Big West opener against Long Beach State at the Thunderdome – rematch of the 2017 Big West Tournament Championship
- Feb. 24, 2018: Senior night, home finale against UC Riverside
- Mar. 1, 2018: Regular season finale at Hawaii
- Mar. 6-10, 2018: Big West Tournament