MORAGA, Calif. – Paola Cos won her match at No. 5 singles, but it was not enough as the UC Santa Barbara women's tennis team suffered a 6-1 win at the hands of St. Mary's College on Saturday afternoon.
The loss drops the Gauchos to 1-5 on the season with all five losses coming away from home.
Cos battled back from one set down to win her match against Catherine Leduc, 6-7, 6-3, 10-6. Gaucho senior Jordan Dockendorf narrowly missed defeating Carla Lindlar at No. 6, 3-6, 6-3, 10-6.
Playing at No. 4, freshman April Scatliffe battled hard but dropped a 6-4, 6-2 decision to the Gaels' Anna Chkhikvishvili.
UCSB resumes action on Sunday morning when they travel to the City by the Bay to play the University of San Francisco in a match that will start at 11:00 a.m. The match against USF will be played at Golden Gate Park.
St. Mary's 6, UCSB 1
- Catherine Isip/Elizabeth Searl (SM) def. Natalia Lozano/April Scatliffe(UCSB) 8-4.
- Jenny Jullien/Catherine Leduc (SM) def Jordan Dockendorf/Kiersten Meehan (UCSB) 8-3.
- Carla Lindlar/Jade Framton (SM) def Erica Cano/Sofia Novak (UCSB) 8-6.
- Catherine Isip (SM) def Natalia Lozano (UCSB) 6-3, 6-2.
- Jenny Jullien (SM) def Sofia Novak (UCSB) 6-2 6-0.
- Jade Framton (SM) def Kiersten Meehan (UCSB) 6-3, 6-2.
- Anna Chkhikvishvili (SM) def April Scatliffe (UCSB) 6-4, 6-2.
- Paola Cos (UCSB) def Catherine Leduc (SM) 6-7, 6-3, 10-6.
- Carla Lindlar (SM) def Jordan Dockendorf (UCSB) 6-3, 3-6, 6-10.