SANTA BARBARA, Calif.- The Gauchos (3-4) got their third win of the season Saturday as they took down the Loyola Marymount Lions (2-4) by a score of 7-0.
The Gauchos continued their doubles dominance as they started off the morning grabbing the doubles point. Melissa Baker and Stephanie Yamada got the Gauchos started with a 6-2 victory over Andrea Crespo and Julia Norlin. Lou Adler and Amanda Atanasson got a 6-3 victory of their own over Anna Romeka and Kristine Kouyoumjian to clinch the doubles point.
The Gauchos continued their perfection in singles. Stefani Stojic commanded play in her match, defeating Crespo 6-4, 6-2 on court three. Big West Player of the Week Palina Dubavets finished her match immediately after, defeating Jessica Perez 6-3, 6-2 on court one. Natalie Da Silveira defeated Norlin 6-2, 6-4 on court six to clinch the match for the Gauchos.
After winning the first three games, Adler lost the next six to lose the first set. However, she was able to turn it around and win twelve straight games to defeat Kouyoumjian 3-6, 6-0, 6-0. Gilbertson defeated Romeka 7-5, 6-1 on court five, and Atanasson defeated Elvira Juravliova 6-4, 6-2.
The Gauchos will return to the Rec Center Courts on Sunday at noon to take on the San Francisco Dons.
No. 68 UC Santa Barbara vs Loyola Marymount
Santa Barbara, Calif,
Rec Center Courts
UCSB 7, LMU 0
1. Palina Dubavets (UCSB) def. Jessica Perez (LMU) 6-3, 6-2
2. Lou Adler (UCSB) def. Kristine Kouyoumjian (LMU) 3-6, 6-0, 6-0
3. Stefani Stojic(UCSB) vs. Andrea Crespo (LMU) 6-4, 6-2.
4. Amanda Atanason (UCSB) vs. Elvira Juravliova (LMU) 6-4, 6-2
5. Jaimee Gilbertson (UCSB) def. Anna Romeka (LMU) 7-5, 6-1
6. Natalie Da Silveira (UCSB) vs. Julia Norlin (ULMU) 6-2, 6-4.
Order of finish (3, 1, 6, 5, 2, 4)
1. #10 Palina Dubavets/Stefani Stojic (UCSB) vs Jessica Perez/Elvira Juravliova (LMU) unf.
2. Baker/Stephanie Yamada (UCSB) def. Julia Norlin/Andrea Crespo (LMU) 6-2
3. Lou Adler/Amanda Atanasson (UCSB) def. Anna Romeka/Kristine Kouyoumjian (LMU) 6-3
Order of finish (2, 3)
No. 68 UC Santa Barbara (3-4)