SANTA BARBARA, Calif. – The UC Santa Barbara Women's Tennis team finished its last dual match of the season with a win against their Big West Conference opponent Cal Poly by a score of 4-1.
The doubles tandem of Melissa Baker and Amanda Atanasson led the doubles match with a win against Seriana Saltzen and Molly Reed 6-1 at No.1. Next, Natalie Da Silveira and Stephanie Yamada defeated Susanne Boyden and Abigail Bacharach 6-2 at No.2. No.3 Stefani Stojic and Jaimee Gilbertson did not have a chance to finish their match.
Gauchos carried their positive energy to singles as No.5 Yamada defeated Celine Gruaz 6-0, 6-1. Cal Poly attempted to break the momentum as No.4 Reed defeated Atanasson 6-0, 6-2 but it did not stop UCSB Women's tennis team from winning the final two matches. At No.2 Gilbertson defeated Saltzen 6-4, 6-2 and Baker defeated Sayaka Tsugai 6-3, 6-1 at No.6. Da Silveira and Stojic did not have chances to finish their matches.
UC Santa Barbara 4 Cal Poly 1
Santa Barbara, California
April 22, 2017
Doubles (Order to finish: 1, 2)
Singles (Order to finish: 5, 4, 2, 6)
1. Natalie Da Silveira vs. Susanne Boyden 4-6, 6-1 (unfinished)
2. Jaimee Gilbertson def. Seriana Saltzen 6-4, 6-2
3. Stefani Stojic vs. Louise Oxnevad 5-7, 3-1 (unfinished)
4. Molly Reed def. Amanda Atanasson 6-0, 6-2
5. Stephanie Yamada def. Celine Gruaz 6-0, 6-1
6. Melissa Baker def. Sayaka Tsugai 6-3, 6-1