SANTA BARBARA, Calif.- Gauchos take home another win as they celebrate a close 4-3 victory over San Jose State.
The Gaucho Women prove that their win yesterday against Northern Arizona was not just luck, as they bring home another victory, 4-3 against San Jose State this afternoon.
“I am really happy with how hard we battled on the courts today, especially in our singles matches,” Coach Thibodeau comments.
The day started off with an early win at number one doubles, thanks to April Scatliffe and Priscila Garcia who leaded out the team with an 8-1 victory over their San Jose opponents. Unfortunately number 2 and 3 doubles could not follow their lead as the Gauchos lost the next two doubles matches 8-3 and 8-4 respectively.
The women knew how to quickly bounce back as they focused on their deep singles line-up to even out their lost doubles point.
Paola Cos took things into her own hands as she evened the score to 1-1 as she defeated San Jose’s Chau Truong 6-1, 6-4.
Clenching victory Kiersten Meehan, Priscila Garcia and Stacy Yam each took home wins as well making their victory final with a 4-3 win over San Jose State.
“San Jose State is a very good team and I am happy with our results, I feel we wanted it a little bit more today” Coach Thibodeau responds.
This weekend will finish tomorrow with an 11:00 am match against San Francisco State, which will be set to be played at the Rec Cen courts.
1. 1. BOCZOVA, Klaudia (SJS) def. April Scatliffe (UCSB) 6-2, 4-6, 6-1
2. 2. Kiersten Meehan (UCSB) def. LEON CHAO, Sabastiani (SJS) 6-3, 6-3
3. 3. Paola Cos (UCSB) def. TRUONG, Chau (SJS) 6-1, 6-4
4. 4. Priscila Garcia (UCSB) def. MEDLIN, Erica (SJS) 6-4, 6-2
5. 5. BACELAR, Julianna (SJS) def. Erica Cano (UCSB) 6-2, 3-6, 10-7.
6. 6. Stacy Yam (UCSB) def. WILLET, Jessica (SJS) 6-2, 6-4
1. 1. April Scatliffe/ Priscila Garcia (UCSB) def. BOCZOVA, Klaudia/ MEDLIN, Erica (SJS) 8-1
2. 2. LEON CHAO, Sabastiani/ TRUONG, Chau (SJS) def. Kiersten Meehan/ Paola Cos (UCSB) 8-3
3. 3. WILLET, Jessica/ BACELAR, Julianna (SJS) def. Stacy Yam/ Erica Cano (UCSB) 8-4
UC Santa Barbara 2-0