Griak Invitational Winner Stepahine Rothstein Answers 20 Questions
Oct. 9, 2006
Senior cross country runner Stephanie Rothstein ran to her best finish as a Gaucho last week by winning the Roy Griak Invitational in Minneapolis. Her win helped rank the Gauchos 9th in the USTFCCCA, the highest team ranking in Gaucho women's cross-country history. Rothstein and UCSB look to move up again October 14th at the NCAA Pre-Nationals in Terre Haute, Ind. Due to this momentous occasion, 20 Questions decided to sit down with Rothstein to figure out what really makes her so fast.
1. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
Brooke because you can't get any preconceived notions from it, and Smith because it is the most generic name.
2. What is your favorite rollercoaster?
The Accelerator at Knott's Berry Farm that can go 0-80 in 2.8 seconds. I didn't actually ride it but my teammates did.
3. What is your hidden talent?
Appyling makeup. A lot of people don't know that as much as I like running, I like makeup.
4. What kind of cookiewich do you get at IV Drip?
Heath Bar ice cream with white chocolate macadamia nut and peanut butter cookies
5. What kind of animal would you be?
A cheetah cause it's fast
6. Who is the most influential person in your life?
7. What is your most prized possession?
8. What superpower would you want?
9. What is the one food you hate the most?
Mint and chocolate together
10. If you were an extreme athlete, what sport would you compete in?
Monster truck racing
11. What is one animal you wished was extinct?
Bugs in general
12. If you could invent an animal, what would it be?
A chish, a cheetah and a fish combined. It would be fast and also able to breathe underwater.
13. Who is your favorite Harry Potter character?
14. A Walk to Remember or The Notebook?
The Notebook, for sure.
15. How often do you check your Facebook account?
I do not own one and I never will
16. What was your favorite birthday present?
Probably a portable DVD player from nine of my housemates
17. Fill in the blank. I need A Dummy's Guide to _______
Use a computer
18. What makes you laugh the most?
My own jokes
19. Would you call yourself an impulse shopper?
I used to be but then I realized the importance of money
20. Did you ever sneak out of the house?
Yes, many times